Saturday, November 10, 2007

Talk 2 and 3

Today was a full day. In the morning I shared about my parents divorce and the ongoing pain it caused as an example of how sin can ruin life. I could see many heads nodding with me as I described this and several follow up conversations were similar.

To illustrate sin I cut off a small tree from its base. This was to illustrate that we are cut off from a relationship with God, that death is our punishment and we are stuck - unable to fix it ourselves.

I left them hanging...

Then talk 3 tonight. I shared about the cross of Christ and how he took every consequence that our sin deserves. I showed a clip from the passion of Christ and gave them 15 minutes of silence under the stars to think about Christ's work and how they want to respond. It is quite a sight to see 400 students staring at the stars, for many their first "quiet time" ever.

I haven't heard much feedback tonight about how kids responded, but I was happy about what I was able to say.

Tomorrow I will be speaking about the resurrection of Jesus and what a relationship with Christ looks lilke. Gotta go to bed now...

1 comment:

Lukas and Gretchen said...

Wow... may the Lord work mightily! We are praying.
gretchen